Exception Handling Application Building Block for Silverlight and Windows Phone 7 projects
for client side exception logging and central storage using WCF services, with AppFabric Dashboard integration (on IIS 7+).
This code will help you handle and log client side exceptions in your Silverlight 4 and WP7 projects.
Errors that occur in clients can be sent to your loggingservice. The service will store them.
It's developed in C#, using VS2010.
How to use Silverlight Logging in your Silverlight or WP7 project:
- What does this button do?
How it works
- How to configure your Client application
How to: Client
- How to configure your Server application
How to: Server
This block contains the following features:
- Library for Silverlight 4
- Library for WP7
- A sample Silverlight Client Project using the library.
- A sample Windows Phone 7 Client Project using the library.
Both client-libraries contain the same features:
- ExceptionPolicy (to be called from your code, for handling exceptions)
- Store (a client side storage for exceptions, for working offline)
- SyncBehavior (a policy for synchronizing error to the service)
- LogStatusControlViewModel (a viewmodel that will provide status info to a userinterface)
- LogStatusControlView (a view that shows the info from LogStatusControlViewModel, for developer debugging support)
- LoggingService (the proxy for the loggingservice)
- LoggingService (the WCF service that will provide clients with configuration and store exceptions from clients)
- ILoggingSink (a MEF composable interface that will be used to store errors)
- 2 Sample implementations of ILoggingSink, an AppFabric sink and a SessionState sink.
- Sample configuration in the web.config file.
If you want to use this code, please read this page:
For Dutch people:
More info about WP7 development: http://msdn.microsoft.nl/phone
The code is published under GNU Library General Public License (LGPL)
You can use it, or change it any way you see fit.
Leave your comments on the 'discussions' page.
Loek Duys http://www.vxcompany.com
Contact me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/lduys
Make sure to read the